If you’re looking for a career change or are interested in the trades, the College of the BC Building Trades (BCBT) is the place for you. The college of the BCBT is an association of training providers affiliated with the construction union that belongs to the BC Building Trades. There are over 35,000 unionized construction workers in BC’s trades today. With over a dozen trade-specific schools and connected campuses specializing in the building trades, the college is the leading provider of construction trades training throughout BC. The Electrical Joint Training Committee (EJTC) is proud to be a part of this collective of union trade schools.
With over 8000 apprentices and trainees in their system, large quantities of money invested in equipment, brick-and-mortar training facilities, and student learning, the college of the BCBT provides the best quality training available with wraparound student support from start to finish. The college has the highest apprenticeship completion rates in BC. Along with their dedication to their students and the student’s success, the college has made partnerships within the industry to ensure apprentices are always job ready and with job security.
Whether you are interested in electrical, sheet metal, welding, carpentry, etc., the college of the BC Building Trades provides excellent opportunities. It is a perfect way to begin your journey into BC’s ever-growing trades sector.
College of the BC Building Trades: https://collegeofthebcbt.ca/
Watch this video and SPARK your passion for the electrical trade!
Training Schools working with the college of the BCBT
- BCRCC Delta Training School
- Construction & Specialized Workers’ Training Society
- Electrical Joint Training Committee
- The Finishing Trades Institute of BC
- Heat & Frost Insulators Training
- Ironworkers Trades Training
- Operating Engineers Training Association
- Refrigeration Training Institute
- Sheet Metal Industry Training Board
- Teamsters Joint Training School
- Trowel Trades Training Association
- UA Piping Industry College of BC
- Western Joint Electrical Training Society